Easy and healthy breakfast egg muffins. These low-crab, freezer friendly egg muffins make a great breakfast on the go! Also perfect for your next brunch, serve along with salad and other Mediterranean favorites (see notes for ideas!)
Prep Time: 15 mins Cook Time: 25 mins Total Time: 40 minutes Yield: 12 egg muffins
- Extra virgin olive oil for brushing
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 6 to 10 pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 3 to 4 oz/113 g cooked chicken or turkey, boneless, shredded
- 1 oz/ 28. 34 g (about 1/2 cup) chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Handful crumbled feta to your liking
- 8 large eggs
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Spanish paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric (optional)
- Place a rack in the center of your oven and preheat to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare a 12-cup muffin pan like this one (or 12 individual muffin cups). Brush with extra virgin olive oil.
- Divide the peppers, tomatoes, shallots, olives, chicken (or turkey), parsley, and crumbled feta among the 12 cups (they should come up to about 2/3 of the way full.)
- In a large measuring cup or a mixing bowl, add eggs, salt, pepper, and spices. Whisk well to combine.
- Pour the egg mixture carefully over each cup, leaving a little room at the top (should be about 3/4 of the way or so.)
- Place muffin pan or muffin cups on top of a sheet pan (to help catch any spills). Bake in heated oven for about 25 minutes or until the egg muffins are set.
- Let cool for a few minutes, then run a small butter knife around the edges of each muffin to loosen. Remove from pan and serve!
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Board on Pinterest!
source : themediterraneandish.com