These pretty (and delicious!) shortbread style Cherry Pie cookies are perfect for holiday cookie exchanges or special occasions! Your guests will never guess how easy they are to make!
- 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 21 oz can cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- With stand mixer, beat together margarine and butter until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add vanilla and beat for another half a minute.
- Add in flour and confectioners sugar and beat on medium speed until a dough begins to form. Finish creating a ball of dough using your hands.
- Roll dough into 1.5 – 2 inch balls and place on baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Make a thumbprint in the middle of each ball.
- Place cherries into each thumbprint.
- Bake 12-15 minutes. Cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cookies have cooled, melt white chocolate chips in microwave. Start with 30 seconds, stir, then continue with 15 second increments in the microwave until chocolate is fully melted. Spoon chocolate into a plastic bag, seal, then cut a small hole in the corner. Drizzle white chocolate over the cookies. Allow chocolate to set before serving.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Board on Pinterest!
source : adishofdailylife.com