Copycat KFC Chicken Pot Pie is a fun and delicious dinner idea. These are fun mini chicken pot pies, that you can easily reheat for a quick weeknight meal. They are frugal and tastes amazing. Who doesn’t love chicken pot pie when it gets colder outside.
- 6 5-6″ Foil Pot Pie Tins
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken or Fried Chicken (or shredded chicken breasts)
- 2 sheet Puff Pastry Dough
- 4-5 Potatoes 4-5 Carrots
- 2 cup Frozen Peas
- 2 can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 15 oz Milk
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Pick meat from bones and cut into bite size pieces.
- Peel and cut potatoes into ½” cubes
- Peel and slice carrots into ¼” slices or dices.
- Remove pastry from box and thaw at room temperature.
- Boil potatoes and carrots in water until almost tender. Drain liquid, add frozen peas and set aside.
- In a large pot, add soup, milk, and sugar. Mix well and simmer.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Add chicken and vegetables to the sauce and simmer until warm, stirring frequently.
- Spoon mixture into each pie tin, Do not over fill.
- Cut pastry into 6″ circles and then roll slightly to make sure crust will overlap rim.
- Moisten edges of pastry and cover each tin pressing edges to the rim.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 18 minutes until the top is brown.
- Finish filling the pies. Do not bake. Instead freeze. Wrap tightly with saran wrap.
- To reheat, thaw overnight in the fridge and then bake like normal. Enjoy!
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Board on Pinterest!
source : eatingonadime.com