- 4 Tbsp unsalted buter
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup all purpose
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp fresh thyme chopped
- Dash of hot sauce
- 2 small yukon gold potatoes peeled and diced small
- 16 oz Kings Brand Mixed Vegetables frozen
- 1 lb poached or roasted chicken shredded
- Salt and pepper
- 2 sheets puff pastry from 17 oz package
- 1 egg beaten with 2 tsp water
- *15 oz oven-safe ramekins round, square or oblong, sprayed with cooking spray
Heat butter in a large skillet or dutch oven and add the onion.
Saute for 3 mins over medium heat and add garlic. Saute an additional 4-5 mins, just until golden.
Add flour and cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes.
Whisk in the white wine and stir until absorbed.
Whisk in milk, then chicken stock.
Season with salt and pepper and stir in thyme and hot sauce.
Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Stir in diced potatoes and frozen mixed vegetables.
Cover and cook over low heat for 15 mins, stirring occasionally.
Stir in shredded chicken and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Divide the chicken and vegetable mixture between the four ramekins.
Very lightly roll out the puff pastry and cut into rectangles, squares or circles. Cover the ramekins and allow the pastry to slightly overhang.
Brush the pastry with egg wash and prick the tops with a fork.
Place ramekins on a baking sheet and bake until puffed and golden, about 20 mins.
Serve in the ramekins.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Board on Pinterest!
source : whatshouldimakefor.com