These Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins are moist, fluffy, and sweet! Made with honey, whole wheat flour, and protein packed Greek yogurt, these are perfect for breakfast or as an afternoon snack. This is a great recipe you’ll want to use over and over again!
Prep: ook: nactive: otal: ield: 12 muffins
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 Tablespoons coconut sugar (or light brown sugar)
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup full-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted (or mild olive oil)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (F). Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners and it set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the honey, sugar, eggs, Greek yogurt, and mashed bananas, mixing until ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Add the dry mixture of ingredients to the wet mixture of ingredients and, using a rubber spatula, mix until *just combined. Stop mixing when there’s just the faintest trail of dry ingredients left. You don’t want to over mix here.
- Fold in the melted coconut oil and mix until it’s just combined.
- Finally, fold in the chocolate chips, mixing just until combined.
- Divide the batter evenly among prepared muffin tins, filling each tin all the way to the top.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until the tops are puffed up and lightly golden brown, and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, or with a just a few moist crumbs attached. Cool muffins at least 5 minutes in the pan before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Enjoy muffins warm, or store in a covered container for up to 2 days.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Board on Pinterest!
source : bakerbynature.com