Freezer-Friendly Baked Egg Cups require 8 ingredients and 30 minutes time. A flavorful, healthy breakfast with whole grain bread, homemade healthy turkey sausage and melty Vermont cheddar cheese.
Author: 5 mins Cook Time: 30 mins Total Time: 35 minutes Yield: 15 egg muffinsPrep Time:
- 8 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 3 pieces whole wheat bread, chopped into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 oz. vermont cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 lb. turkey sausage (cooked according to package directions)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees, and line the cups of a muffin pan with 12 silicone muffin liners.
- Place 3-4 bread pieces at the bottom of each muffin cup. Top with a scoop of sausage and a generous sprinkle of grated cheddar.
- In a medium bowl, mix eggs, milk, salt, pepper and oregano. Whisk until yolks are fully incorporated. Evenly pour egg mixture into lined muffin tin cups. Leave a little room at the top, the eggs will rise.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. I like to broil them the last 1-2 minutes so that the cheese is golden and bubbly.
- If you want to throw in some veggies, go for it! No need to sautéed or cook, just add them into the egg cup!
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Board on Pinterest!