Whip up a batch of these cheesy sausage instant pot egg bites in just 5 minutes! Egg bites will be your new favorite go-to breakfast. They are so easy to make and come out tasting great every time.
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pre-cooked breakfast sausage links, sliced
- 4 tablespoons sharp cheddar, divided
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Spray four silicone muffin cups with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.
- Evenly distribute the egg mixture into the four muffin cups.
- Evenly divide sausage and drop into the egg mixture.
- Top each with 1/2 tablespoon cheddar cheese.
- Pour water into the Instant Pot.
- Place a trivet in the Instant Pot.
- Place the filled muffin cups inside of a (7-inch) cake pan. Top the pan with a paper towel and a piece of foil crimped around the edges of the pan.
- Make a foil sling and carefully lower the cake pan down onto the trivet.
- Close the lid and set the pressure release to sealing.
- Press the Manual or Pressure Cook button and adjust cook time to 5 minutes.
- Let the pressure release naturally for 2 minutes and then quick release the remaining pressure.
- Remove the foil from the top of the muffin cups and than carefully remove the egg muffins.
- Enjoy immediately and refrigerate any leftovers.
How to freeze instant pot egg bites:
- Let cool.
- Wrap tightly with a layer of plastic wrap and a layer of foil.
- Store in a freezer-friendly container or bag.
- To reheat, unwrap and cook for 90 seconds and 50% power.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Board on Pinterest!
source : aileencooks.com