- 12 wonton wrappers
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ¼ tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 -3 jalapeños
- 1/3 cup cooked and crumbled bacon or real bacon bits plus additional to garnish
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded (plus additional to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Spray a regular sized muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Put one wonton wrapper in each muffin cup.
- Bake wrappers about 5 minutes until they are starting to brown.
- While the wrappers are in the oven start the filling.
- In a medium glass mixing bowl, microwave the cream cheese for 30 seconds.
- Add the black pepper. Stir together with a fork.
- For a less spicy recipe remove and discard the seeds and white pith from the jalapenos (leave it in for more spice). Dice peppers small – almost minced.
- Add jalapenos, green onions, bacon and cheddar cheese to the cream cheese mixture – stir to combine.
- When the wontons have browned, use a cookie scoop to add the filling to the wonton cups. Garnish with reserved bacon and cheese.
- Return filled wontons to the oven for 7-9 more minutes until hot through and cheese is melted.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Board on Pinterest!
source : mirlandraskitchen.com