Savory Oatmeal Breakfast Bowls! If you are tired of eggs in the morning but love a savory breakfast, try this. Oat cereal with garlicky greens, pesto, avocado and everything bagel seasoning
Author: Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 5 minutes Total Time: 20 minutes Yield: 2 servings
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts or nut of choice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup Hodgson Mills Oat Bran Cereal
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 1 large ripe avocado, thinly sliced
- Everything Bagel Seasoning, for garnish (I get mine at Trader Joe’s)
- Make the pesto: Add the basil, nuts, garlic, lemon juice, nutritional yeast and a pinch of salt to a food processor and pulse until a loose paste forms. With the motor on, add the olive oil. Then, add the water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the desired consistency is reached. Set aside.
- Make the cereal: Place the oat bran, 2 cups water and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a medium saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cook for 1-2 minutes until hot.
- Make the spinach: Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil and the garlic and cook for 30-60 seconds until just fragrant. Add the spinach and cook until just wilted, about 1-2 minutes. Season with salt/pepper.
- Assemble the bowls: Divide the oat bran into two bowls, top each with a spoonful of pesto and 1/2 of the spinach. Thinly slice the avocado and divide into the two bowls. Sprinkle with Everything Bagel Seasoning and eat hot.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Board on Pinterest!
source : delishknowledge.com