- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 3 cups frozen hash browns shredded or cubed
- 1/4 cup water
- 14.5 ounces diced tomatoes undrained *see note
- 4 eggs lightly beaten
- 4 slices sharp cheddar
- chopped cilantro optional
- Cook beef and onion in a large skillet over medium heat, crumbling while you cook. As its cooking, season with paprika, salt, and pepper.
- When meat is no longer pink, add the hash browns and cook until thawed and tender, stirring as you cook.
- Add the water and tomatoes, undrained. Increase heat to high until the mixture boils, then reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 5-10.
- Increase heat to medium/low. Pour the beaten eggs over the mixture, cooking, and lightly stirring. Allow to cook, checking and stirring occasionally until the eggs are set to your liking.
- Finally, lay the slices of cheese over the eggs and cover until the cheese is melted, about 1-2 minutes.
- Top with chopped cilantro (optional). Serve and enjoy!
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Board on Pinterest!
source : thecookierookie.com