I love Mexican food, but Mexican desserts are limited. Flan is great, but not every time. This recipe has real Mexican flavor with avocados and lime. My friends make me make it constantly. It is unique, easy, and fabulous. You must have an ice cream maker.
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 ½ avocado, NS as to Florida or Californias ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 (8 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
- Heat cream in a small saucepan until small bubbles appear around edges. Remove from heat and stir sugar into cream until it dissolves. Transfer to a medium bowl and allow to cool.
- Combine avocado and cream cheese in a food processor and blend until smooth. Add lime juice and process until smooth; whisk into the cooled cream mixture.
- Fill an ice cream maker with the avocado mixture, and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions for making ice cream.
- Spoon avocado mixture into the prepared pie crust; smooth surface with a spatula. Freeze until solid, at least 2 hours. Let cheesecake sit at room temperature until slightly softened yet firm enough to slice before serving, 10 to 15 minutes.
source : www.allrecipes.com