Full of iron, potassium, vitamin K, folic acid, and many other nutrients, this cleansing soup full of green veggies is as delicious as it is healthy.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ cups chopped fennel
- 1 ⅓ cups sliced leeks
- 1 ¼ cups chopped celery
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 (10 ounce) zucchini, cubed
- 1 (10 ounce) package fresh spinach
- ½ (12 ounce) bag fresh broccoli florets
- 6 leaves Tuscan kale, ribs removed and cut into small pieces
- ¼ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups hot water as needed
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 teaspoon spirulina powder
- 10 tablespoons gomasio (toasted, crushed sesame seeds)
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add fennel, leeks, celery, and garlic cloves and saute until soft and fragrant, 3 to 5 minutes. Add zucchini, spinach, broccoli, kale, and parsley; mix to combine. Cook until kale and spinach have wilted slightly, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until vegetables are soft, about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat. Puree soup with an immersion blender until smooth, adding hot water if needed to achieve desired consistency. Add avocado and spirulina powder and blend until smooth.
- Ladle soup into bowls and serve each with 1 tablespoon gomasio.
source : www.allrecipes.com