- 1 head garlic
- 2 drizzles extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 (16 ounce) package spaghetti
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- ¼ cup fresh basil, cut into strips
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Cut the top off of the head of garlic and place on a piece of aluminum foil. Drizzle with oil and wrap up.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Place tomatoes on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven with garlic for 20 minutes more.
- Remove from the oven and let cool until safe to handle, 10 to 20 minutes. Place tomatoes in a large bowl and squeeze roasted garlic onto tomatoes. Mash using a potato masher into a sauce.
- Add spaghetti to sauce; mix well and top with mozzarella cheese and basil. Season with salt and pepper.
source : www.allrecipes.com